Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help bouncing off the rev limiter!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 12:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help bouncing off the rev limiter!!!

Well here is the problem. I recently had the auto tran rebuilt on my trans am and now when i am at wide open throttle it bounces off the rev limiter like crazy!!!! Only in the higher gears. They installed a nine clutch pack and shift kit, would this have anything to do with it? Would a WOT dyno tune fix this problem. I had lot's of problems with the people that did it, had to take it back 4 or 5 times cause they couldn't get it right. And the transmission is still under warranty. I have heard that it may be line pressure but how in the hell is this fixed? Any one have this problem? And how did you fix it. I have also heard that our transmissions are electronically controlled?!? Any truth to that? Someone help please!!!
Old 10-26-2007, 02:31 PM
TECH Resident

Has your guy tried to lower the shift point MPH? I had that problem a while ago and after dropping a couple MPH here and there I haven't had a problem.

Good luck.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:04 PM

try changing your shift points to a slightly lower RPM, if that dosn't work then lower your line pressure. I am having a similiar problem but my stall is egging the whole thing to be even worse. You can do that by using HP edit.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Got 454
try changing your shift points to a slightly lower RPM, if that dosn't work then lower your line pressure. I am having a similiar problem but my stall is egging the whole thing to be even worse. You can do that by using HP edit.
Thanks for the help, the guy that is doing the full WOT dyno tune, is gonna fix the shift points. and check the line pressure.....are you sure that this will fix it?
Old 11-02-2007, 11:45 PM
On The Tree

i dunno about changing the shift points on a new tranny, worth a try i guess. When my tranny got rebuilt after smoking second gear it did the EXACT same thing after it was rebuilt. i took it to a hole in the wall shop the first time, then after it started slipping took it to the GM dealership (under warrenty) and never happened again. If i were you though i would check the line pressure and make sure the tranny has enough fluid before doing anything major though