Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Moser 12 bolt installation questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 08:08 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Moser 12 bolt installation questions

I started my 12 bolt Moser install today. I did not change anything on my Spohn adjustable torque arm when I removed my 10 bolt. However when I mount the torque arm up on the Moser center section the LCA's did not reach the axel perch's (I had one end connected to the car body on each side). I had a set of BMR non adjustables that I removed and now have Spohn adjustables on. I had to extend the LCA's about an inch each to get them to reach the perch's. The only other option was to shorten the torque arm thus moving the rear forward. I should mention I have the LCA relocation brackets welded on and they look to be flush with the Moser perch they piggyback.
Has anybody had to adjust either their torque arm or LCA length? This setup should have worked with stock length non adjustable LCA's but would not have. I'm trying to figure out what could be out of place here. Panhard rod appears square when eyeballed from either side looking across and there is plenty of room between it and the performance aluminum "Moser" cover. The only other thing out of place is the rear springs, they are leaning forward as the travel off the rear and up towards the body again suggesting the rear should sit a little forward. Hope this makes sense and any help is appreciated greatly ! !

Last edited by JFM-jr; 10-28-2007 at 06:39 AM.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:58 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm, do you have the rear back up in the body at about the correct ride height? If you don't, try that first. Bob

Quick Reply: Moser 12 bolt installation questions