Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

BIG power w/T56 guys step inside

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 01:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default BIG power w/T56 guys step inside

Im trying to to stick with the 6 speed in my car... Since ive gone the turbo route this past season, the car has drove through 2 clutches, 1 spec stage 3+ that was in there prior... Now a spec stage 5 as reached the end of what appears to be its useful life in 900 miles...

Mind you the car made 693 hp and 743 ft lbs, @ 13 psi while spining on the dyno...

Im looking at trying to find the "silver bullet" fix for this clutch problem... Im looking at Mcleod twin discs.

So please let me know what brands and styles you big power/torque guys run on T56's that get street use over 100 miles a week and see's track use on slicks...

I would entertain the idea of fixing the stage 5 thats in there now... But whos to say it just wont do it again?? And i need something a little more streetable than a squealy on/off switch that i tolorated for the past 2 months.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:19 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Mcleod twin disc in my car and hold's great. I have made 7 track passes and a bunch of dyno pull's plus all the racing i do on the hwy. feel's pretty much stock also! I wouldn't think twice about it.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:52 PM
Banned

Twin disc for the win ........
Old 11-05-2007, 02:59 PM
On The Tree

Compared to you, I make about as much power as a Honda, but I do have a McLeod twin disk, and I can tell you the thing drives great. I broke it in like I drive it (powershifting for no reason but that it's fun) and it makes minimal noise, has very little effort, and I'd say drives BETTER than stock. It's more comparable to driving a stock CTS-V than a F-body.

Plenty of people will tell you they'll handle the power, too, so I thought I'd just throw in my 2c on how they drive.

Quick Reply: BIG power w/T56 guys step inside