Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

DLS 9" review

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 03:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thumbs up DLS 9" review

Hey all I got my 9" from DLS a few months back. I got Scott's 4 box special and dropped in the 3rd member and axels, which was no problem other than I boogered one of the axel seals driving it in, thankfully the local parts store carried the right seal.

I got the initioal break-in done changed the fluid to 85-140 dyno oil. The rear is in my opinion VERY quiet. I have a slight whine on decel but its still quieter than my 10 bolt was with its bad wheel bearing. I have held off on posting this review because the car doesnt get driven every day and I wanted to get some miles on it too.

Its got a little over 2k on it now. I ran it at the track running ET streets(26-10.50-16). 4k and 5k dumps, which feel great by the way, got me consistent 1.7 60's. The 4.10's are awesome, and I love the spool. I only really notice it in parking lots and my driveway.

The peace of mind that I can rip gears and launch at the track is the greatest thing. Shipping the rear took 8 days from order to delivery.

Scott was helpful when I had questions and I am VERY pleased with the product. This one is for Scott, thanks for a great setup Thanks DLS!!
Old 11-06-2007, 06:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for taking your time with putting the miles and THEN sharing! Much more helpful than most!
Old 11-06-2007, 07:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BREWS02WS6
Thanks for taking your time with putting the miles and THEN sharing! Much more helpful than most!
Thanks, I just wanted to be sure that everything was good to go before posting up any information.

I did forget to add that i also got a chromoly D/S from Scott@DLS also and it fits great and doesnt have any balance problems. Once again thanks Scott!!

Jon