Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

subs not working

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 03:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry subs not working

alrite so i jumped in my car this morning and turned my stereo on to find that my subs werent hitting, so when i looked at them my amp has power but somehow isnt getting to the subs, does anybody know what the problem could be?
Old 11-11-2007, 04:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check your ground wire(s) and all your fuses. Sometimes your fuse will blow, but still look like it is ok, try a new fuse to be sure.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:20 PM
Teching In

alrite i tried a new fuse just now and the ground wires are all still good but the same thing is happening the amp is gettin power but not my subs...is there anything else that could be wrong?
Old 11-11-2007, 04:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Yeah the amp could be blown. Some amps have a safety feature that will make the unit power on, but not send out any power. This is called "Safe Mode" You probably fried something in the amp, and will need to replace it. I'm not sure about any of this so don't quote me, but if I had to guess, I'd say you need a new amp.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:11 PM
Banned

Are you using a stock Monsoon system with a line level converter for your signal to the amp? I've seen the line level converters go bad sometimes and that could be an issue as well. I thought it was my amp when this happened also. Just one more thing to rule out that I didn't see listed. Good luck, hopefully it's not your amp.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:50 PM
12 Second Club

I left my windows down one night and it got dewy out and i started my car the next day and fried my amp. If i had to bet i would say it is the amp because if you checked your wires there is nothing else it could be except a fuse on the back of the head unit.