Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge - Just plug n play?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 03:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge - Just plug n play?

I just got one of these. It says it is version 2.2. I have searched but found conflicting information on whether or not I can just plug this into the OBDII port, or if it is required that I hardwire ground and power cables as well.

The manual that comes with it is not precise, and it shows an older version of the gauge that has different pinouts on it. It says most will work just fine off the OBDII port, and lists some exclusions that will need to be hardwired. From reading their list, one would think that a 2000 Camaro would just be plug n play.

Does anyone that purchased one of these newer models know if it will work properly just running off the OBDII port, or do I have to wire it in to get it to shut off when I want it to?
Old 11-12-2007, 04:23 PM
TECH Regular

mine was and i just got mine like a month ago, just plug it in and go, should power on and off by itself, that is the only reason for the power cables, is to turn it on and off if your port does not
Old 11-12-2007, 04:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Go to the Aeroforce web site and they have a forum for asking these question. Todd is really helpful when asking questions on the forum.

Let us know what you find out
Old 11-12-2007, 06:23 PM
On The Tree

Well I went ahead and installed it. (shoulda just done this to begin with, but I didn't want to rip everything apart and then find out I needed to get all the power wires and taps, which I currently don't have on hand)

Looks like it is shutting off by itself so I guess I am good to go!

Awesome gauge, I can't believe all the things it can monitor. I don't even know what some of the stuff is. LOL!

Still waiting on my D-Pic gauge to show up in the mail before I am finished with the install.

Quick Reply: Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge - Just plug n play?