Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Console Removal

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 11:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Console Removal

I'm looking for any advice on remoiving athe console from an '02 Camaro. I bought a rolling chassis with all of the cage work and suspension done but I have to put all of the interior back in. When I bought it the console didn't come with it. My buddy bought a Camaro that was hit in the front to build an Outlaw car so he's going to give me the console out of it, now for the hang up. He's not sure where all of the bolts are that hold it in. He says he removed two from up front and two in the compartment at the back. Can anyone tell me where else to look for more bolts? This is an automatic car if it makes a difference. If anyone knows any other tips for removal they would greatly be appreciated. Hopefully I can get him this information before he removes it with a crowbar!

Thanks for any help, Jimmy
Old 11-14-2007, 12:23 AM
TECH Addict

heres directions on how to remove the console...good to look at for knowing where the bolts are

http://www.installuniversity.com/ins...sity/index.htm
Old 11-14-2007, 12:39 AM
On The Tree

If you are wanting to take just the top part off, all you have to do is:

1) Remove the metal clip in the shifter
2) Remove the coin holder in the glove compartment and remove the two bolts in there
3) Put the shifter into 4th or 3rd and gently lift up on the console (make sure to remove the shifter light bulb)

Now if you want the whole console:

1) Follow above instructions
2) Remove the bolts in the glove compartment
3) Remove any bolt that you see around that are attached to the shifter. It's really easy to find the right ones
3) I think the rest is to just lift the console out of its place. It's easy to do.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:13 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the repsonses guys! It's an automatic but it can't be much different than what you guys brought to the table.

Thanks again, Jimmy

Quick Reply: Console Removal