Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 06:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default electrical problem

ok so i just did a t56 swap in my 94 z, well after i put the steering column back in (i left everything hooked up the same it was to the wheel sensor when i had the th350) well th speedo goes straight to 150 and a little past when i stomp it in 1st gear and the same in every other gear.also when in 6th the speedo goes to 150 when i go in 6th, then takes about 3 seconds to come back down to actual speed. the lights flicker but don't cut off, BUT when i turn the headlights on when im cruising at 65 or any speed for that matter the speed goes straight to 150 and stays there. what could i have messed up, i haven't wired the t56 up until i noticed the speed problem so i switched it to the tail speed sensor and it STILL does the same thing, and yes the PCM is programed right for tire size and all that. i haven't cut ANYTHING or wired anything up! the lights would flicker and the check gauges light would intermittently dimly come on then go right back off, the alt reads 12.3 volts all the time with a meter, but the gauge in the car reads right in the red .it has a rear mounted optima battery but it ONLY does the weird light thing when driving and if i roll foward the speedo goes to like 55 when im realistically doing 5 thn if i stop it flutters back to 15ish then after about 10 seconds it finally goes back to 0? whats up and has anyone else had this problem?

Last edited by ZeeTwentyFate; 11-14-2007 at 06:19 PM.