How 'bout them Texans??

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 03:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How 'bout them Texans??

It was great to see Andre Johnson back on the field doing his thing. Ron Dayne looked good running it as well. Schaub looked very sharp throwing it and our O-Line kept him protected all day.

The defense was able to come up with some turnovers that were huge, and really kept Colston and Bush in check all afternoon. Not bad for a team with a beat-up secondary.

Now on to next week @ Cleveland.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:12 PM
Mustang Moderator

Texans looked great! Having Andre back definitely makes a difference...
The officiating sucked (both on the field and in the replay booth!!!) Don't know what those guys are watching but it wasn't the game!!

The rookie corner (Bennet) is playing well too!
And Mario Williams was seen too!!! LOL!!! Good game for him!
Old 11-18-2007, 04:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Yeah Bennett and Williams looked really good. Williams looked like he was playing to prove he deserved to be picked #1, and he caused a ton of problems for NO.

With a healthy defensive backfield and an explosive RB we should definately be a 10 win team! It sucks were in the toughest conference though!!
Old 11-18-2007, 11:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was at the game today. It was fun asking the Saints fans around me what happened everytime we scored.

"I'm sorry I wasn't watching, did we just score?"

"Is our #1 draft pick beating up on your #1 draft pick?"
Old 11-19-2007, 07:21 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 3.4camaro
I was at the game today. It was fun asking the Saints fans around me what happened everytime we scored.

"I'm sorry I wasn't watching, did we just score?"

"Is our #1 draft pick beating up on your #1 draft pick?"
I'm surprised those fans did not beat up on you, you know how rowdy them fans can get! I seen a guy throw a cup of beer in another guys face over a botched play one time!
Old 11-19-2007, 07:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Bush - 15 carries for 34 yards
Old 11-19-2007, 08:26 AM
Banned

Andre Johnson makes such a huge difference for the texans, so glad he's back. The defensive line is going to have to get a lot of pressure next week for us to have a chance in that game. If they don't our secondary is going to get picked apart, even though they looked pretty good yesterday.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:28 AM
TECH Regular

Yea our front 7 on "D" is doing wonderful but the back 4 could really use some help. It seems that we get beat across the field every time with our back 4.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by DeerHunter_Z28
Andre Johnson makes such a huge difference for the texans, so glad he's back. The defensive line is going to have to get a lot of pressure next week for us to have a chance in that game. If they don't our secondary is going to get picked apart, even though they looked pretty good yesterday.
God yes. Andre Johnson makes such a huge difference for us just being on the field. Hopefully Daniels, Jones, Johnson, and Walters continue to play excellent even now that Andre Johnson is back in there. When Schaub has some time to throw the ball we have a very good passing game.

Ron Dayne played very well yesterday running the ball for us. He only rushed for about 70 yards but he had less than 20 carries so he was productive when we got him the ball. We really really need a young explosive back to give us a complete offensive package.

Defensively the front 7 did a great job yesterday keeping Bush at bay. They made some good tackles in space which is hard to do against him. Mario Williams finally looked like a #1 Draft Pick and it seemed as if the other guys were feeding off of that.

The defensive backs played well and kept the big plays to a minimum, which was nice, and they were able to come up with some turnovers which is always huge. Hopefully that trend continues next week in Cleveland.