Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetter owners, come on in!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 09:15 PM
Gev
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pacesetter owners, come on in!

I will be receiving these headers in a few days and have a question. Since these are essentially the "hooker" style headers, will the hooker y-pipe bolt up to these?

Thanks
Old 06-20-2003, 07:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Pacesetter owners, come on in!

no
Old 06-21-2003, 12:00 AM
Gev
TECH Addict

thanks
Old 06-23-2003, 09:19 AM
Launching!

How hard was the install of the pacesetters? Heard some where harder than others?
Old 06-24-2003, 09:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Mine were a pain in the ***. Took me and 2 other guys 6 hours. Granted we goofed off some. Had to loosen a motor mount and jack the motor to get drivers side in. Had to remove the alternator to get the motor mount bolt out to jack the motor. After that, I discovered that my Borla exhaust lacked 1 foot of piping to connect to the Y-pipe. My y-pipe has 1 bung for some reason also. I have no clue about this. One of the bungs in the headers is actually welded in backwards so I have to tap it out. Other than that, they look good under the car.
Old 06-24-2003, 07:38 PM
Gev
TECH Addict

Something shitty is going on with Pacesetter. I ordered my headers from Reldine Performance over a month ago and still have not gotten them. I emailed Redline but no answer yet. Pacesetter is giving me BS. ONe day I call them and its with the coaters, the enxt day it's not built yet. REAL annoying.
Old 06-24-2003, 09:42 PM
Staging Lane

Something shitty is going on with Pacesetter. I ordered my headers from Reldine Performance over a month ago and still have not gotten them. I emailed Redline but no answer yet. Pacesetter is giving me BS. ONe day I call them and its with the coaters, the enxt day it's not built yet. REAL annoying.
i orderd mine 6/3 called them and was told delivery 1st week of july alot of these were orderd redline performance sold about 50 sets the first week i think pacesetter was overwelmed check over at the other ls1 forum redline is on there all the time keeping everyone updated