Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hole-sawing roof roll-over supports

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 05:36 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hole-sawing roof roll-over supports

First off, this is a on a car which will have a 10 point cage, so I'll still have roll-over protection.

Has anyone hole sawed away some of the material in the roof supports? I'd be sure to leave a good amount across the back to support the hatch since I still have the stock hatch on the car. I'm mainly talking about removing material along the center beam (the part which would go between the T tops on a T top car) across the front and down the A pillars.

Is there any thing I should be worried about if I do this?
Old 11-21-2007, 06:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

If it is a t-top car I would leave it, if it isn't a t-top car sure hole saw away
Old 11-21-2007, 06:59 PM
10 Second Moderator

Originally Posted by chrismorales75
If it is a t-top car I would leave it, if it isn't a t-top car sure hole saw away
What difference does it make? Both hardtop and t top bodies are same cept for the tin braces along the top of the window on a hardtop car. The rest is the same. Id cut it no mater what.

Good luck, Tom
Old 11-21-2007, 07:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

T-top cars have the t-tops pop off with hard launches some times, just thought it would allow more flex in the roof making it even easier to pop the top
Old 11-21-2007, 07:17 PM
Launching!

Nope, its a hard-top car.

Aside from saving your a** in the event of a roll-over, and providing support for the hatch in the rear, there isn't much use for all this beefy crap right?
Old 11-21-2007, 07:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

If it's a hard top I would hole saw it, the t-top popping off was only issue I thought of, so you trying to take weight out of the car? have you removed the bracket behind the middle speaker? not the one in between the seat and speaker, I mean inside behind the speaker.

What other ones have you taken off I know a few places to take out weight now that I cut my car open a bit and had a peek inside

Quick Reply: Hole-sawing roof roll-over supports