Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0153

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2003, 05:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default P0153

Plz Some one help me on this, my Car just started throwing this code Wtf ? It will come on 1 day then the Next day turn right back off, It usaully comes on when im just crusing down the Road.. O Btw I just changed the Front 2 O2 about 2 months ago, so I know that's not the Problem

Thx Steve-0
Old 06-23-2003, 10:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: P0153

Sometimes this is due to contamination of the H02S, but usually that will throw a 1 instead of a 0. Look up P1153 and read up. Check your HO2S connections and make sure all connectors are clean. Any extensions, ring them out.

Shot in the dark here -If you experience performance problems when there is a load on the engine then I would look at your spark as I have seen it cause this specific DTC once. You will experience that the more Throttle you give the worse it is. This will happen suddenly when driving all day and it has been running fine. If it is spark related the coil or the module is cutting out. These items are usually temperature sensitive when they occur. Try to lightly spray some water onto the coil to see if the problem is magnified.