Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

1999 camaro door speaker replacement

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 08:43 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 camaro door speaker replacement

I just bought a 99 convertable. It has a blown speaker in the passenger door. Just trying to get a fell for what others have done with this car. It said it had premium sound but i'm doubting it since i have the square speaker covers in the door panels vs. the round component ones that best buy showed me in a picture. I don't want to get too deep into a project(ie. New headunit, 4-channel amp etc.) I'd like to use the stuff thats there already if possible. That being said i want it to sound as good as possible. Should i look into a stock replacement, Atfermarket 2 way 6.5's Or go full out components?

What have you guys done with these cars?

Thanks
Old 11-27-2007, 08:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Square is correct. I have Rainbow components in mine using Mike @ FBody Audio's tweeter pods amped by a Pioneer PRS-D4000F amp driven by an Eclipse CD-54410. Sounds great. Not cheap though. You can get some good component speakers that will allow you to mount them coaxially like the stock ones. CDT (carried by Kee Audio here) has some. I'm not sure if you have mounting depth restrictions in a 'vert or anything. Anyway, not replacing the head unit/amp is not optimal but you can still do it.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:13 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have specials running here on speakers that work perfect with the Camaro!! Also still have the CL-61CV's available.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-sales-specials/808727-kee-audio-holiday-speaker-specials.html
Old 11-28-2007, 10:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does mike still make those pods? I think i may be interested in going component, But his site appears down

Quick Reply: 1999 camaro door speaker replacement