Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

monsoon volume fluctuation

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 08:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default monsoon volume fluctuation

I have a 99 trans am with the monsoon stereo and a gm 12 disc changer.The past few days the radio volume goes up and down.It doesn't matter if fm or either cd mode.I don't know if it matters,but since i got the car the radio light doesn't work and sometimes when the sun lights the display it is going crazy.Is the volume problem the head unit or the amp?
Old 11-30-2007, 03:23 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The problem is probably neither of those 2. It is probably the steering control switch for the volume. At least thats what mine was. It was very unnerving when I bought the car and the volume would turn itself up to max while I was driving. It was like it was possessed!! Lol! Hope this helps!
Old 12-01-2007, 11:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That would make sense,now that you mention it my mute button on the steering wheel only works for about 2 or 3 seconds.I guess if the volume is changing it disengages the mute.Are they hard to change?
Old 12-02-2007, 08:16 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No you can find them on ebay or gmpartsdirect I believe. I just found a couple on ebay just now. They just pry out of the steering wheel. If you look at the pictures of them on ebay it will be pretty obvious how they pop out. It is all one triangular piece for each side though.

Quick Reply: monsoon volume fluctuation