Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

need help!! dont know what to do!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 10:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help!! dont know what to do!!

k my stock rear on my 99 ws6 is on its way out i got a 9" 31 spline third member at home that im thinking about useing to make a new rear for my car
but i thought about where i want my car to be and that is 450+/- range and im starting to get into auto X and road racing
and the stickiest tires i think ill ever use would be the M/Ts drag radials
Soo do i really need the 9" should i sell my 3rd member and just make my stock 10 bolt strong to handle the power??????
b/c if i really get into autox im not really gonna need the 9" but then again im gonna hit the 1/4 mile occasionaly
Old 11-30-2007, 03:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you've already got the rear end waiting for you at home, you may as well use it. no sense in going through all the trouble of selling it and wasting money on a stock 10-bolt, or even going through the hassle of selling/trading it for a 12-bolt.

a 12-bolt will be lighter than the 9", which would help it perform a little better in auto-x/road courses, but IMO, not enough to worry about going through all that trouble.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:44 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd use the 9 inch third member that you have. For $1,000 shipped I can get you the Moser housing and axles and you would be all set. This comes with the bearings. You will need a few items mentioned here. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...html?item=1116 Bob
Old 11-30-2007, 09:27 AM
TECH Regular

I would agree with the fellas above.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:57 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
I'd use the 9 inch third member that you have. For $1,000 shipped I can get you the Moser housing and axles and you would be all set. This comes with the bearings. You will need a few items mentioned here. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...html?item=1116 Bob
yea thats exactly what i was about to do... its just that it might hurt me when i go auto x and if im only at the strip ocasionaly id figure a built 10 bolt should hold
and the other thing is i got BMR panhard bar and LCAs that arent adjustable i was wondering if the new housing is a true bolt-in or i gotta get adjustable panhrd bar and LCas