Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust for a 347 procharged camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 12:16 AM
Restricted User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Exhaust for a 347 procharged camaro?

My car is a 01 SS M6 , i am running 10 PSI from a d1-sc procharger system, with methanol injection.

I am rebuilding my motor with forged parts and 9.25 to 1 compression, so i can push 15-20 PSI of boost ,

I will be running the Thunder racing Blower cam, with 214-230 601/580 lift on a 117 LSA
with Absolute Speed street blower heads , flowing 300 cfm on the intake with ferrea 2.00 and 1.57 valves .

OK i have been hearing a lot about what will limit my HP and power level,

# 1 was the exhaust side of my heads , thats why i had extra work done to them (1.57 ferrea valves with a special radius cut to the seat and blend work) to pick up more CFM flow out of the exhaust side.

#2 was my exhaust system , i am running Jet hot coated FLP 1 3/4" Long tube headers, with uncatted Y pipe and my stock 3" main pipe (over axle Pipe)
into the stock dual-dual out let SLP exhaust.

Since i reworked the heads and been told they will be good now for the power I want, the heads should be good, and not a problem anymore,

OK the exhaust on the other side , sounds great and looks stock i realy wanted to keep it,

My Y-pipe is only 2.5 " i was thinking on having a 3" Y made up ,
and maybe a 3.5" - 4" main pipe made up , but not sure if i need it?
Or at least doing the little by pass trick some people used to do , where they had a 1" -2" small elbow pipe welded in from the main pipe direct to the tail pipe, so if the muffler was a restriction it would not back up the exhaust and flow out the tail pipe , kinda like a by pass valve.

well let me know what you think
thank you for your help.