Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edit Tuning related issue's Q/ about fuel guage

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 10:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Edit Tuning related issue's Q/ about fuel guage

Ok i'm having some tuning woes. My Ltrims seem to want to stay +2/+8 After the walbro pump install and 30# SVO injectors. It was realy rich right after, as you could gues. So i took 25% Away from my injector flow table. Then it was about 0/+2 in the L-trims. I left it there for a couple days to se how it would avg. Then i noticed my timing was getting 23* MAX. HMMM So went into the inj flow table and added another 2%. The L-trims were then at +2/+5% ! WTF!??! So I went into the pe/vs table and added another 2% across the board. The l-ltrims were then at +5%/+8% THIS IS KILLING ME ???? So anyhow i swaped my Tr55's for some tr6's today hopping when i get this figure out I can hit the bottle a little bit. And now them @%$#@% are like +9 and +10 sometimes. Something is fishy here. All these #'s are from my scanmaster
About the fuel guage thing. After i installed the Walbro my fuel guage has been stuck on E! I guess the float is in there wrong. I need to pull it back appart. CAN this affect tuning?
Old 06-25-2003, 11:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: Edit Tuning related issue's Q/ about fuel guage

I thought I read somewhere in my factory service manual that the PCM does a few weird things when it sees no fuel in the tank. One for sure was disabling the PO300 code.
Old 06-25-2003, 02:19 PM
TECH Resident

Default Re: Edit Tuning related issue's Q/ about fuel guage

Does anyone know how I can make it read F for now intill i fix it?