Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

How do I protect my car in the winter?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 09:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I protect my car in the winter?

Alright, Heres the situation.. While my 98 and 95 Z28's are stored safely in the garage and protected from the snow.. My 94 V6 Camaro is outside and is used as my daily driver. I like to keep all of my cars clean, or at least as clean as I possibly can. I've always applied a coat of wax to all my cars at least once a month when they have been driven, And during the winter, Its extremely hard to do that. For the past few years, on a nice winter day, and by nice I mean its not snowing, the driveway is cleared, and theres no snow for the next 2 days in the forcast, I'll pull both of my Z28's outside and wash and wax my 3.4L in the garage where I can get it so its a warm temp. All I have been doing is basically washing and waxing it. So my question is.. What else should I be doing to protect it? I cant keep it under a cover in the garage like I do with my Z28's, So what else can I do to protect it?

I hate having to drive it in the snow and in bad weather, but thats pretty much the reason why I bought it.. So I wouldnt have to put my Z28's through that.

Any advise or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You are on the right track. I've never had the luxury of having any of my cars garaged. I would suggest that you keep up the washing and waxing.

Also, you might invest in a decent all weather cover for the car that you can easily throw on and remove. Wash the road salt off of it, too. They claim that it won't hurt your car, but who wants to take the chance!
Old 12-09-2007, 12:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hepcatws6
They claim that it won't hurt your car, but who wants to take the chance!
lol thats a lie if I've ever heard one...