Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

944 Porsche LT1 questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 12:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 944 Porsche LT1 questions

Got some questions regarding the LT1or LS1 944 Conversion.

First off, does anyone have a good idea of the wiring setup.....I read an article that said that painless had a kit?

Next, since the RHybrids dont carry the bell housing for the conversion of the LT1 anymore....has anyone used the 80s corvette one that is talked about in this article? Any luck with piecing parts together ? Any LS1 issues?

I have read and reread that article, are there more articles that go more in depth or maybe has a chronological order or a parts list?

Anyone have a pic or a scematic of the motor mounts if you made your own? I have heard that is a better thing to do than buy the ones already made.

The reason I like the LT1 is cause you can pick them up now a days for a decent amount...and around 300 stock hp is good for me for now. What RAdiator did you get if you didint go through RH?

Im not against a LS1 conversion at all, just kind of pricey if I could find a decent priced one, I would probably go for it.

SOrry for all the questions, but I have seen some very nice 944s here and would love to get this project rolling ASAP....cause I have a heated garage!!!haha

Ill be asking some more questions soon, so thank you for these and the many more in advance.....Remy

Last edited by BORDERBUM; 12-16-2007 at 11:17 AM.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:36 AM
Teching In

Maybe a parts list?
Old 12-17-2007, 09:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

If you go to porschehybrids.com, all the info is there under the 944 section. Also, look at the How To sections. A few of the "948" crowd hangs out on rennlist.com too.
Check out the video posted up on p/h with a 948 running the track at Willow Springs. That will get your blood pumpin' for a conversion.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:21 PM
Staging Lane

Spend the little extra and use the LS1. The ideal choice is an F-body motor as the accessories are situated to fit the 944. You won't regret this project!

Quick Reply: 944 Porsche LT1 questions