Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

installed stereo in my truck, works but something definitely isnt right, help ls1tech

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 08:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default installed stereo in my truck, works but something definitely isnt right, help ls1tech

spent the weekend installing two rockford shallow mount 10's, a rockford t500.2 amp, 1/0 wiring, and a db link line out converter in my 2007 F150

heres my problem

1) everything technically works, amp has power and i can feel the speakers moving but even at 1/2 -3/4 volume there is NO bass, they are barely moving at all

2) everytime the interior light comes on the subs make noise, even more than when the stereo

i tapped into the LF (org/lt grn and lt blue/wht) and RR (org/red and brwn/pnk) and the lt/grn wire for the remote

my line out convertor has 4 wires for the speakers and two black wires coming out of it but the instructions only show 1 black wire and it says it goes to ground. does that mean ground like chassis ground or ground from the stereo, and what is the second wire for.

it just seems like the signal to the amp isnt strong enough to make any sound

any help

thanks
Old 12-16-2007, 08:22 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm guessing its your lineout, I would go over that and make sure everything is ok there
Old 12-16-2007, 09:36 PM
TECH Junkie

just did a test by plugging my little mp3 player into headphone to rca converter and into the rca's and got TONS of bass

this leads me to believe the problem is either with the line out converter or i tapped into the wrong wires

any guess
Old 12-16-2007, 10:14 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

double check that you have the positive and negative correct on each of the speaker inputs for the converter. If the polarity is reversed on one, it will cause the no bass problem.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:29 PM
TECH Junkie

this is the wiring code i found online

DIRECTWIRE™ WIRING INFORMATION - FORD / F SERIES LIGHT DUTY / 2005 / Audio

Radio 12v lt. green/purple + radio harness
Radio Ground black and black/lt. green - radio harness
Radio Ignition pink/black or lt. green/yellow + radio harness
Radio Illumination lt. blue/red (dimmer) + radio harness
Factory Amp Turn-on dk. green/purple + radio harness
Notes: This is the subwoofer amplifier turn on lead. The subwoofer and amp are in the driver side rear corner of the cabin. The subwoofer speaker wires are brown/orange (+), and red/black (-) at the radio harness.
Power Antenna N/A
LF Speaker +/- orange/lt. grn - lt. blue/wht +,- radio harness
RF Speaker +/- white/lt. grn - dk. green/org +,- radio harness
LR Speaker +/- gray/lt. blue - tan/yellow +,- radio harness
RR Speaker +/- orange/red - brown/pink +,- radio harness

i have the L + hooked into the orange/grn and the L - into the blue/white and the R + hooked into the org/red and R - hooked into the brown/pnk so according to that i have it right

i dont have a factory amp so the lines shouldnt be high pass only. im really leaning towards the converter being bad even though its brand new. i have another old converter here i can try but i kinda wanna hold off until i get a definite answer cause there are only so many times you can splice those wires without making a complete mess of everything
Old 12-16-2007, 11:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

first off id either use the LF and RF, or LR and RR
dont mix and match