Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Canadian sayin HI - lots of stuff no LSx car yet

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 11:45 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Canadian sayin HI - lots of stuff no LSx car yet

Considering i've lurked here for 18 months and registered months ago and havn't really posted I should say hi.

I kinda got started in imports with B swaping honda's and stuff good cars but, wel .....l flawed for making real power and relaibility, I still love them tho and can't argue with the milage. I've owned maybe 10 or so and currently drive a 90 Civic Si with a b16 just for fun and it's cheap. It's ok.

One of my other cars is pretty much my baby cuz it's my first new car ever (will probly be my ONLY NEW car in my life) its an 04 WRX STi. I bought it for road course racing and auto cross but got hooked on drag racing and spent more time at the strip with it then anything else so far. I never wanted to go biger turbo cuz thats what everyone does and runs low 12's or high 11's on ham fisted driving IMHO (no offense to wrx guys) so i made it a goal to run 11.99 on the stocker never got there but put down a 12.32 on the stock turbo wich was pretty good considering it hardly a drag car but ya it sits here alot now since the new project.

And this car is pretty much the only thing ppl here would be very interested in at all. I got this car as 1/2 finished project that ran and drove around but was very unfinished in many ways i won't get into. It's an 84 Mazda Rx-7 with a Turbo Buick 3.8, 4 spd auto and ford 8.8 rear end. Car has a bigger turbo, injectors chipped all the regular GN stuff but it weighs 2400 lbs. The 7 put down 464 RWHP running out of injector 1000 rpm early. We got to the track for some shakedown runs and put down consistent 1.45 60 foots and 127 MPH trap speeds with a best e.t. of 10.96 wich with seat time would sink i'm sure. Anyway this car is under major construction for the winter, making room for 13" of tire, QA-1 coilover conversion, bigger brakes, upgrading cage from 6 to 12 points, and of course more power....naturally.

In the future i hope to LS swap a newer RX-7, i've always wanted a bad *** RWD N/A car. No offense to Camaro's just not my cup of tea... honestly it's the interiors i'm really just not a fan.... if they were better i might own one. Anyway i know not everyone will like my stuff but i don't like everyone else stuff either so whatever if it's fast I 100% respect it for that. I'll look at anything thats fast and think it's cool atleast for that reason.

One thing i have to say is this, the SBC and domestic performance scene has the best and most fair prices in the aftermarket, import performance is basically a joke when it comes to price and ppl keep paying it i'll have a hard time ever going back to that. I come on here and 400 NA hp is cheap and all I can think of is find something smaller to put that in!!!

I could ramble like a jackass forever cuz i have no parts to put back on the 7 rite now so ya.....HI

-Mac

O ya i'm also looking for 15x10 weld draglites with a 7.5 back space in the Detroit Mi/Windsor Ont. area.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

welcome...now find that lsx motor and get ready for flight
Old 12-22-2007, 11:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome. The 7 sounds like it'll be a beast.