Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Problem with ASR switch??

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 11:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Problem with ASR switch??

So I used this guide http://www.keliente.com/switches.htm to replace the stock bulbs in my foglight and ASR switch. i did the foglight switch tested it and both bulbs work. next i did the ASR switch and when i hook it back up the bulb that lights up asr works but not the one that tells me asr is on. i thought maybe it was the led so i soldered a new led and resistor in and tried again, same thing. so i was pissed messing around with it and i found out that the actual bulb only lights up when im starting up my car, any other time it isnt on. anyone else have this problem or know what it possibly might be?
Old 12-18-2007, 11:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does your ASR light (on the cluster) come on when you start up the car and then it turns off? You may have flipped the little rocker inside the wrong way. Also, does the switch rock back and forth or does it spring back to its original position like a momentary switch should act? It needs to look like this:

Old 12-18-2007, 11:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

both the light on the switch and asr off on the dash light up for just a second when starting up but both turn off. my switch does spring back and i also put the metal thing back in right. i dont get it
Old 12-19-2007, 12:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by italicizedsponge
both the light on the switch and asr off on the dash light up for just a second when starting up but both turn off. my switch does spring back and i also put the metal thing back in right. i dont get it
This shouldn't really matter but did you put the resistor on the positive or negative? Solid connection? The lead of the LED isn't touching the opposite side of the resistor bypassing the resistor?
Old 12-19-2007, 12:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

nope everything is right, and i know it works cause i see it light up for just a split second just dont know why it doesnt stay on. probably just a bad switch
Old 12-20-2007, 10:22 AM
11 Second Club

mine does the same thing.

when i turn the key to turn on the car, it lights up, then off when the car turns on.

oh well...

hmmmmmmmmm LOL jk, you know who.

Quick Reply: Problem with ASR switch??