Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Ran into a racing legend, literally

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 04:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ran into a racing legend, literally

As most of you know I now live in Charlotte where NASCAR is king. Yesterday at the mall as I was walking into Brooks Brothers who should be coming out at the same time? None other than Rusty Wallace. I stopped and did a double take. He knew what was running through the old noggin and looked at me and kept going. I thought about saying something but figured I would leave him alone since he was shopping to. First thing I noticed was he isn't as tall as I thought he would be. About 6ft. Once inside I asked the lady if it was Rusty. She said it was that he shops there all the time. Was buying some new ties for the upcoming TV season. She also said Jeff Burton is a regular too. My wife keeps telling me that Michael Waltrip lives near us but I have no idea where yet. Oh well, will be taking the kids and going over the the RCR and DEI race shops this week. That will be exciting. Merry Christmas everyone!
Old 12-23-2007, 05:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to hear from you Eric. Hope your move went well and all is good there on the "RIGHT" coast. Very cool running into people that you admire. Hope you all have a great Christmas and a good New Year.