Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I get LS1 EDIT?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2003, 09:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Should I get LS1 EDIT?

As if you guys havent asked enough questions about LS1 Edit. Well I did a search and still couldn't find a response that fit my needs. I recently purchased a laptop and am planning on getting Autotap regardless. What I wanted to know is should I get LS1 Edit. Right now my car just has intake, headers, and exhaust. But soon im going to be running a cam and higher stall converter with new rear gears. And later on down the road most likely im going to do a full on longblock, 12bolt, and build trans. Now while im very good with computers I have no experience setting parameters for a cars PCM. Is LS1 Edit fairly easy to operate? Is there a way I can learn how to be a better programmer by website or books publish that can teach me the art of EFI tuning, other than just trial and error. Or should I just leave all my tuning up to the pros? I leave not 15 minutes from Speed Inc a shop that is regarded by many to have some of the best LS1 Edit tuning. Only thing is they charge Tuning NA $450 and Tuning Boosted $500 each time. Any insight you experienced Edit guys can give me would be greatly appreciated. And sorry again for yet another Edit question
Old 06-28-2003, 09:52 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Should I get LS1 EDIT?

I think Edit is the way to go. Instead of buying a MAFT and an HPP you can have the ability to do anything you want in the future.

LS1 Edit itself is pretty easy to use, what you get to learn about is how the brains of your car think and operate - which is a really good thing!

You can start off at a beginning level with shift points, RPM limiter, etc (just like an HPP) and then gradually learn about the other stuff. The trick is to focus on one thing at a time as you're learning!

And if you've got long tubes on now, you could benefit right now with either LS1 Edit or an HPP and a MAFT to lean you out a little.

Hope this helps!

PS: Spend the few extra pennies and get EFILive from AutoTap - it puts the basic Atap software to shame for an LS1!

Mark