Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Lookin at a 01Z with nose damage

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2003, 08:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lookin at a 01Z with nose damage

hey, i was lookin through the auto shopper and i saw a 2001 Z28 with a little nose damage (the nose is smashed the fender is dented and the corner of the hood is bent the one headlight is gone) and its going for like $8,000... its got like 20k miles and Manual and it said that radiator and air-bags are still good. I know that i need to get the allignment and the subframe checked out but does that sound about right?

would it be that hard to fix up? or that expensive i would expect about like 3k right? and would anyone know where i could get a fender and nose and light assembly? I appreciate the help guys!!!

PS I was thinkin of selling my 98 SS cause its got alot of miles on it now and well i don't know which would be a better investment or which one i should keep any insight would be great!
Old 06-29-2003, 11:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: Lookin at a 01Z with nose damage

Ok, heres my opinion, take it with a grain of salt:

On one hand, you can find a nose clip for a camaro quite cheap, and could probably have a 01Z for just at 10k.

On the other hand. You dont know how hard the crash was, and why didnt the airbags deploy? Too many things you dont know. It could have been in park and gotten smashed my a rustbucket in the Wal-Mart parking lot, or it could have been much much worse. If anything else is damaged, you would be the last in line to know about it.

On the other, other hand; you could get some subframe connectors (to stop rattles), maybe pull the engine to do a full-blown overhaul (nothing big, just new big wear items, rings, etc), get on the net and order any little peices that are broken or ugly inside and out, get a body kit, maybe some stripes, tint the glass if it isnt allready, pull the interior and do some sound deadening and some major cleaning, and with lots of sweat, and not a whole lot of money, you could have your car, that you know hasnt had some kind of incident, back in brand new shape in no time.

Or you could buy a Z06, that would fix it!
Old 06-30-2003, 03:41 AM
On The Tree

I agree with glitch. I'd probably sink the $$ into repairing, refurbishing and rehabing what I already knew to be a solid base vehicle. Take the remaining $$ and mod it and go from there. 98-01...not a lot of difference...IMHO
Old 06-30-2003, 08:30 AM
Teching In

ok do you guys know of any sites or places that have the nose and fenders and stuff for sale?
Old 06-30-2003, 09:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Since the airbags didn't deploy, the crash couldn't have been too hard. I too would get a good inspection and try and fix it up. Sorry I don't have any web sites for you, but do your homework, since you do have a car right now and time is on your side unless there is another buyer. Shop around and maybe you'll find the pieces you need in the right color, keeping in mind that paint is very $$$$, good luck
Old 07-01-2003, 09:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

I bought my 98 Z28 with a salvaged title. Payed $4500 for it with 89,000 miles. I got alot of stuff from a salvage yard that my buddy runs and alot of stuff from my father-in-law when he worked at SLP. There's no reason you shouldn't be able to repair that stuff cheap. Plus, it's low miles with the 6 spd. I had to replace the dash, steering colomn and both bags and sensor, so your getting off easy there. Check out my sig for some before and after pics. Any questions, email me.
Joe
Old 07-01-2003, 11:33 AM
Teching In

Goood Lord Zombie that was one hell of a fixer uper...

well it sucks anyways cause when i went up to get a look at the car with my dad there was money already down on it! it kinda pissed me off but we just spent the day lookin at other dealerships and stuff...

I thought i was going to get a car taday but instead my mom got a car. Stratus R/T. kinda wierd how it works out isn't it?

Quick Reply: Lookin at a 01Z with nose damage