Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Scored a great deal on house paint

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 07:45 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Scored a great deal on house paint

My local HS pharmacy/True Value got bought out by Walgreens and the True Value got axed so they are having a liquidation sale. OF course all the employees get let go so I wont shop at the Walgreesn ever

First of all I am sad to see them go. I always bought my milk there and what ever hardware I need. Small store great people, familiar faces, warm place to go. Plus they had the best deal on milk. Best milk around (Alpenrose) and the best deal $2/gal. They never made money on it per-say but you bought other stuff while you were there.

Anyway back to the paint. 50% off most everything in the store including all thier paint. I spent $125 and got enough to do the outside with extra to spare with the best qualty exterior paint (25yr garaunty)and a few rooms on the interior with some reall high quality mildew resistant stuff. (Zinnsser?).
The house can use some fresh paint this summer, its 10 yrs old now and it's fading in spots, and the kids have ruined most of the downstairs walls so paint and spakle was a definate repair job in the waiting anyway.

I hate paintiing too but the price was right. I got a 5 gallon bucket of Paint for $35 I was looking at how I could make money off it, it's such a great deal. If anyones close to me or even you Seattlites, if your looking to save on house paint this is the time and place while it lasts. The interior paints were going quick but the exterior wasnt being thought of as much. My guess being its the middle of winter!
Old 01-01-2008, 07:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice, my bro works sometimes does paint mixing for the store he works at (Canadian tire) and they have a machine that will read a custom colour and they can then give you that EXACT colour in whatever paint. We took the most expensive brand of paint they carry, scanned the colour ship, and used the cheaper white paint yo mix it in! saved us bout' $20 a can, about $80 in total!