Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Head Unit Ftl!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 01:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head Unit Ftl!!!!

Guys I feel like a moron... I just bought a new head unit, when i bought the car there was already an aftermarket one in there but it sucks and eats cd's sometimes so i got a new Alpine unit. Anyway, i figured the install would be cake but I CANT GET THE OLD ONE OUT! Ive got no clue how to get the old head unit out of the damn dash.....someone help...PLEASE!!
Old 01-05-2008, 01:58 PM
Banned

if its like my 94. flip down the glove box take out those three screws. then take the screws out under the steering colum. the should be more screws under that plastic piece take off plastic trim then take the screws from around the head unit and pull. (sory for no specifics im thinking off the top of my head)
Old 01-08-2008, 12:07 AM
TECH Regular

if its the 99 in your sig, pull the dash panel off--held in with clips. then 2 7mm screws hold the kit in place then you can work on it from there.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:39 PM
On The Tree

just grab the dash trim piece and pull, it pops right out remove the 2 screws and take the radio out of the sleeve.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, it's not like the 94 dash mentioned above...just grab the panel that has the 2 AC vents in it, and yank it towards you (no fasteners, just clips...that don't break either...it's pretty sweet), then there will be a bolt on either side of the deck.

After thats out, the "cage" that single din radios are usually in, have clips on either side that you just need to pull outward a bit, and the deck will slide forward out of the cage...new one will slide right in...wiring will be different, but it's easy to figure out if you get the appropriate adapter harness.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:42 PM
On The Tree

and unplug the fog light switches to get it all the way off it makes a world of difference not having to fight that stupid thing