Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No AIR/EGR Race headers and VET testing?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2003, 12:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default No AIR/EGR Race headers and VET testing?

I'm buying some Race Headers and need to know how/if I can pass without AIR/EGR. They don't do any underhood or undercar visual for emissions or cats but they do plug into the computer under the dash and open the gas cap. If I have LS1Edit delete the AIR/EGR, does it come up as missing or not there or does LS1Edit just trick the computer into showing fine like the CAGS eliminator showing its still there? Say it does show up as missing,, can I just have Thunder program it back in even though i dont have it and temporarily hook up the egr/air again without pluging anything in to the headers because after 15 minutes it doesn't do anything anyway right? Please help.
Old 07-02-2003, 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: No AIR/EGR Race headers and VET testing?

Have your car tuned to pass emissions at a speed shop, then they just plug in if the car is above 96. You will pass. When LS!edit is uses, it changes the EGR and AIR to "X" codes which means they will not be set. The emissions place only looks for set codes.