Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I advance timing on my cam?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 02:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Can I advance timing on my cam?

I was just wondering if I would benefit from advancing my cam. I have been searching, and reading some info about it. I was just wondering what you guys think I should do for my specific application.

I will be running Patriot stage 2 heads that are 67cc now, but I will be milling them to 59-60cc's. Ill be using .040" cometics. And yes, I know I will need to flycut, so don't worry about mentioning that. Unless you happen know the specific amount I need to flycut with this combo.

The cam is a comp grind : 235/240 .647"/.608" 112.0 LSA, 112.0 ICL,
5 BTDC, 52 BBDC, 49 ABDC, 8 ATDC.

Let me know what you think, or if you need any more info on my setup.

Thanks!
Old 01-09-2008, 04:41 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

advance it +2*.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Alright being I'm at this point right now, I figured I would clarify that I have this right. I have the rollmaster double roller, it is setup the same way as this except without the numbers. I use these two to advance it 2* correct?

Old 02-25-2008, 03:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whats up Jakson long time, sorry I don't have any advice for you but figured I'd say hi and see how your cars coming along, I've got my cam installed and am getting tuned this Friday at DRM woo hoo.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by killerinparadise
Whats up Jakson long time, sorry I don't have any advice for you but figured I'd say hi and see how your cars coming along, I've got my cam installed and am getting tuned this Friday at DRM woo hoo.
Thats awesome man. You will definitely have to let me know what you put down, and how the DRM tune works out for you. Your car sound pretty badass now or what? My swap is coming along, got everything out and all apart, so now I'm starting to put it back together. I will hopefully get the heads milled this week. I will be picking up some new headgaskets, lifters, and pushrods this week as well. Then I have to figure out what I will do for flycutting. Can't wait to get it finished up though.