Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Worn Clutch or MS or SC..?? Help please!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 08:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Worn Clutch or MS or SC..?? Help please!!

I looked at the FAQ's and nothing really describes whats going on with my clutch.. its easy to push until about half way, then it gets hard, it also engages right off the floor, and is usually a lil sticky in the place it starts getting hard to push when disengaging, the clutch usually doesnt fully disengage even when driving a lil hard.. such as shifting at 3500 rpm maybe a little less.. and wants to grind shifting into any gear.. doesnt matter coming or going from any gear.. and while decelorating it doesnt want to go into first and grinds also.. clutch doesnt slip, fluid looks perfect, throw out bearing whines a lil.. what can it be?? i dont want to go spend 500$ on a clutch and it end up being a MS or SC.. please help me out this is my DD and i just bought the car..
Old 01-12-2008, 09:45 AM
9 Second Club

It sounds more like your mc and if your sc is making noise it could be that also, Change your mc and blead it and see how it feels. I don't think that a pressure plate can cause your problem of sticking of the pedal it sounds more like a hydralics problem. If your capabile of changing your sc then change both of them and you can inspect your clutch while your trans is out. your clutch should messure .325 new yours should be in the area of .320 and up. and pay attention to the amount of pressure that is on the clutch when removing the pressure plate, that is what will tell you that your pp is bad.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a bigger M/C helped me with this problem,
but eventually i need a new clutch.(it was shot)
Old 01-12-2008, 03:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try disconnecting the hydraulic line from the slave first. If you can still push in the clutch pedal, you have at the very least air in the system. At worst it could be a problem with the seals, check if fluid leaks or goes back into the reservoir.

If it can't be pushed in, I'd reattach and bleed the slave. It's a pain in the ***, but a good bleed may fix it. If not, then it's time to change hydraulics starting with at minimum the slave. This would be a good time to consider sending the transmission in for a rebuild for that stage 1 kit one of the sponsors sixspeed offers.
Old 01-12-2008, 03:52 PM
Launching!

i think its the mc.. it doesnt start actually disengaging the clutch until about half way down.. so im gonna swap it out and see what happens..

Quick Reply: Worn Clutch or MS or SC..?? Help please!!