Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Hampton Roads guys...got a q for ya...

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 08:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hampton Roads guys...got a q for ya...

so i was in home depot, on military hwy just off 64,today getting some new locks for my doors...

this dude walks by me says hey and i'm like sup.

then a few seconds later he turns around and says i look familiar....

i'm like...ok...he asks if i am in the navy and hesitantly i say yes...then he starts goin off askin me a whole bunch of questions...then he asks about my underway schedule and i'm like...uh...i dunno.

then he offers me the possibility of making some extra money outside of the navy...so he gives me his business card and i give him my phone number..(dumb, i know) and then as he's leaving he suggests that he calls me sometime and we go get a cup of coffee...

so i'm thinking to myself...this sounds AWFUL fishy....

So his business card...says:

Watson Enterprises

Micah Watson
Business Development

mobile: 757-322-0812
voicemail: 866-628-1575

what do you all make of this? i did a google and yahoo search and came up with nothing on this guy....

i'm thinkin i might need to keep my eyes open for a possible id theft maybe? can they do that with just a cell phone number? maybe i should change my number? lol.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:29 AM
12 Second Club

I wouldn't worry too much. He will definitely try to call you back several times but let him know you are not interested in doing business with him. Those types look for military because they are probably former military themselves and know how much you guys get paid. Just don't be so trusting of people especially when they are trying to use you for financial gain.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Dont pick the phone up if he calls.... Hes gonna hurt you if you meet him somewhere!!!! Dont do it!!!
Old 01-15-2008, 02:44 PM
Staging Lane

Same thing happened to me...and im not even military! lol

he said he was coming out with a new energy drink and needed some people to do marketing.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:22 PM
On The Tree

lol. i wasn't going to answer if he called...i was a little leary of it...definitely didn't want to get shot in a coffee shop...LOL!
Old 01-15-2008, 05:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No, its nothing major. Its a company that deals with online selling. My roommate used to be in it. Its called Quixtar. Some pyramid scheme that has worked pretty good for the people up top making money off of guys like my roommate who believed he could make some real money. Its a joke and just a way to get a ton of people to spend alot of money for nothing....