Sponsored by:

Parts I have around, can I do something with em

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 12:49 PM
Alt
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Parts I have around, can I do something with em

I have a complete set of 241 heads pulled off of an '02 and a new LS6 camshaft just laying around. I was thinking about a mild port/polish on the heads followed by milling to 11:1 compression and sticking the LS6 cam in the car and call it a day. I am not looking for big numbers and having parts that are just laying around that are an upgrade for stock sound like a great idea to me. Given that I have a total of $35 dollars wrapped up in it, its quite cost effective. Goal for the vehicle is to be a cruiser that will blow the tires off of it if I want to. Also have nitrous hooked up to the car so blowing the tires off isn't really too difficult. I figure its the most mild head/cam setup I could do and I can't really beat the price either. Oh, I forgot I got an LS6 manifold to add with it too, so that should only help increase the power.

However I would like to know how much I would have to mill the heads in order to achieve 11:1 compression.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:03 AM
Alt
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now that I look at it, it may be more beneficial to sell the LS6 cam and get ahold of a 224R on 114LSA. Ideas?