Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recurring P102

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2003, 02:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Default Recurring P102

I've had a recurring P102 ever since my MAFT was disconnected during tuning last April. The standard fix was to disconnect and reconnect the MAF connector, which would make make it run fine for a few months. Last month I replaced the MAF under warranty, but it came back again. That was the second replacement MAF in the last 12 months. The first one was replaced almost immediately, then the second was fine for 8 months or so.

Could I have a short somewhere in the MAF wiring which causes it to intermittently generate a MAF frequency of 0 while driving?

I also noticed that my O2's were regularly dropping below .200 and my LTFT's were in the negative teens. I seem to recall that the O2's should not drop below .200 - is that right? Maybe it's time to replace them (again).
Old 07-05-2003, 04:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Recurring P102

The first thing I would check is to see if the sensors in the maf were discolored/dirty. LOnSlo had this code I believe...cleaned the maf sensor wires and the code went away. Hope this helps.
Old 07-05-2003, 06:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

when the code starts to pop up have you recently cleaned the air filter?
Old 07-05-2003, 08:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

- Haven't cleaned the K&N in about 8 months.

- Are we talking about the wires inside the MAF, or cleaning the MAF connectors? What's the procedure to clean the wires? Remember, this is a brand new MAF. While new MAF's have been known to be quirky, it was sealed in plastic ends until it was installed in the dealership parking lot.