Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

head and cam package questions.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 02:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default head and cam package questions.

okay guys i am looking at this head and cam package for my 04 GTO, and I have some questions. it is advertised as a SLP / AFR Cylinder Head & Cam Package, 1999-05 346 CID LS1 that makes 525 HP at the crank. okay cool. i can live with that kind of power. But what i want to know, is how steetable is this package, and what else will i need in conjunction with this package? i know ill need a new exhaust system. headers and so on. but will it benefit me to get a new throttle body and intake manifold? any feed back is greatly appreciated. thanks.

below is the website for said head and cam package.
thanks again!http://www.lmperformance.com/5912/43.html
Old 01-16-2008, 03:11 PM
On The Tree

Um in one of my other threads i was lookign into doing a cam and heads package they told me id need to upgrade fuel system tb and intake full exhaust and probably get a stage 2 b/c the stock in a z28 that i know of will be good until around 375? what i was told. so if you are looking into a h/c package i would also expect atleast $2.5 grand in other parts just to get the most out of that package also if u drive an auto id suggest a stall
Old 04-09-2008, 04:39 PM

Why wouldnt that head and cam package work on my 1998 Ls1?
Old 04-09-2008, 07:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

u'll need one hell of a tune also. a guy down the street has a big cam (same lift i think) and he is @ around 420 rwhp. It drives like a stock car, smooth and everything, but he had A LOT of tuning done.

If it wasn't for his seats belts i would have been in the hatch area when he got on it... lol.