Sponsored by:

98 V6 to 00 LS1 Swap..Input needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 09:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 98 V6 to 00 LS1 Swap..Input needed

Hey Guys,

I am putting a LS1/A4 combo from a 00 Z28 into an 98 V6 car.

Now I was goin to use the plastic fuel tank etc from my Z. So..

DO i convert to a returnless system and run a new fuel line,or will the feed line be big enough and just remove the return line? Or will the stock lines even connect to the 99+ sending unit?

Or,should I keep the metal tank in,throw the fuel pump in and have a feed/return system? It may be cheaper to go the 1st route,because then I don't need a corvette fuel rail.

Also...Since I have the 2000 ECm and engine bay harness,do I just need to re-pin the 3 connectors that go through the firewall into the cab?

Also, since I am goin to put 3.42's in the rear (the Z28 rear has 2.73's) Should I just leave the V6 rear in and swap over my stock Torenson unit and bolt the 3.42's to that? Or just swap complete rears and do the gear change in the Z28 rear? (the rears are the same correct?just ones a posi unit?)

Also I know I'll need the springs,swap bars etc from my Z28. The car is silver,so I should def paint the roof black..because i HATE color matched roofs,but I will not throw Z badges on it.

Please help me here guys,and sorry for the length
Old 01-17-2008, 07:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

bump..anybody?

Goin to start ordering parts,so help is needed
Old 01-18-2008, 12:54 AM
TECH Regular

im doing the same swap in a fb. I'm going to try the stock fuel lines and go from there i did swap in a 3.42 rear from another (whole rear swap). i have been told i would have to use a 98 ls h2o sender to get the guage to work. Let me know how it go's, i was going to pull th v6 out today but its a little to cold.