Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

I think I need to get a rebuild....

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 04:46 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation I think I need to get a rebuild....

Well I was driving my car today and when I went through the toll, I got on it alittle....1-2-3 action....but when I went to put it into 3rd it went in....but nothing was their....I had to pull it out and put it back in to get the gear. I noticed it was hard to pull out. It's not the first time this has happened, I figured it was just an accident on my part, but now it's happening way to much. Everytime I'm getting on it and try to put it in 3rd it just gets stuck and then I have to pull it out and try again. Second times a charm....any input on this? Is it me or do I need a rebuild? Ideas would be greatly appreciated.....
Old 01-23-2008, 04:54 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like the keys are either broken or the hydraulics are starting to fail. I would try to bleed the hydraulics and change all of the fluids. If that doesn't work then it will be time for a rebuild.

If you need anything please feel free to call me. We can take care of everything on our end and price match. I am glad to help when I can.

Thanks,
Amber
www.sixspeedsinc.com
Old 01-23-2008, 05:03 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Six Speeds Inc.
Sounds like the keys are either broken or the hydraulics are starting to fail. I would try to bleed the hydraulics and change all of the fluids. If that doesn't work then it will be time for a rebuild.

If you need anything please feel free to call me. We can take care of everything on our end and price match. I am glad to help when I can.

Thanks,
Amber
www.sixspeedsinc.com
I will try bleeding it and swapping out the fluids....what type of fluid do you recomend I put in?
Old 01-23-2008, 05:04 PM
FormerVendor

Mobil 1 ATF. 4 qts. It is the synthetic fluid and if you can't find it go with Penzoil.

Thanks,
Amber
Old 01-23-2008, 05:22 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Six Speeds Inc.
Mobil 1 ATF. 4 qts. It is the synthetic fluid and if you can't find it go with Penzoil.

Thanks,
Amber
Thanks alot....I was looking on SixSpeedInc and I saw an options for the viper internals.....now how much would the rebuild be for my t56 with the viper upgrade?
Old 01-23-2008, 05:49 PM
FormerVendor

Shoot me a pm and we can go over the pricing.

Amber