Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

M6 fluid change questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 04:55 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default M6 fluid change questions

I found this page http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/fbody/lubeoil.htm through search and it was very useful! Recommend it to you guys too. Got a few q's still.... this is for an M6.

I have read from a few people about filling the transmission fluid from the console? How would you do that? Pics would help, I didn't see any fill holes when I put in my UMI short stick.

Not to sound like a treehugger but how do you guys recycle tranny fluid? I usually try to change tranny fluid along with oil at the same time for convenience, draining the 2 into the same oil pan and I put it in the same jug for curbside pick-up. Oil is oil, right? Or should I separate them?

Thanks in advance
Old 01-25-2008, 06:12 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take the console out of the car to fill the tranny that's the easiest if you don't have a pump. I think it's about 6 10mm screws to take it out. You don't need to change the fluid but maybe every 50k miles at most depending on how you drive it maybe at around 25k. I usually separate the oils, but that's me. No one has ever said different at the parts store where I take it, but that's just what I do.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:22 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

to fill the trans from the console you have to pull the shifter thats how i did it when I had the trans out for repair. but maybe there is an easier way.
What I found to be the easiest way to fill the trans and rear is buy or take an old grease gun and remove the line on the end and attach a barb fitting to the gun and put a long clear tube on it then use the grease gun like a baseter stick the tube in the quart of fluid and pull the handle till it is filled then pump it in to the trans.

Quick Reply: M6 fluid change questions