02 z28m6 test drive in arlington

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 10:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 z28m6 test drive in arlington

I test drove a 02 Z28 in arlington of division. Ill start with the good, care looked really clean, perfect paint and interior. Slp options and exhaust, headers, lid. The bad, it backfired every so often. When i got down on it it seemed to barely break loose on a shift to second gear. I think it was wrecked because the paint was new, The owner didnt know what exactly had been done. all he said was headers, catback, stiffer suspension, and slp package. Couldnt name what brands they were...
The guy was reall nice and friendly, the price was 14,995 it had low miles. I would buy if it was way cheaper but with ignition issues and fresh paint i had to pass.
It should break free really easy in second gear right? especially with a power shift?
Old 01-26-2008, 10:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dshag
I test drove a 02 Z28 in arlington of division. Ill start with the good, care looked really clean, perfect paint and interior. Slp options and exhaust, headers, lid. The bad, it backfired every so often. When i got down on it it seemed to barely break loose on a shift to second gear. I think it was wrecked because the paint was new, The owner didnt know what exactly had been done. all he said was headers, catback, stiffer suspension, and slp package. Couldnt name what brands they were...
The guy was reall nice and friendly, the price was 14,995 it had low miles. I would buy if it was way cheaper but with ignition issues and fresh paint i had to pass.
It should break free really easy in second gear right? especially with a power shift?
best question of 2008
Old 01-26-2008, 11:15 PM
On The Tree

I did see the traction light pop up on the dash but i figured it would be a little louder or something? even with a power shift to 3rd made traction control light up so i dont know
Old 01-27-2008, 03:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by dshag
I did see the traction light pop up on the dash but i figured it would be a little louder or something? even with a power shift to 3rd made traction control light up so i dont know
that thing lights up on sometimes when i go into fourth
Old 01-27-2008, 08:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You never know what your getting when you buy a car off of division... It was probably totaled and they fixed it and rolled the miles back.. I would stay away from it... Unless you can get it alot cheaper
Old 01-27-2008, 11:36 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With no back pressure in the exhaust pipes, the AIR pump could cause what you may think is a back fire. Mine did that a lot after taking the cats off.

The ASR will come on a lot, especially if it's cold outside when you're running through the gears. It cuts the fuel so not chirping the tires could make sense. Run a car-fax on it...make sure it's not wrecked or flooded, that could open up a whole new can of worms.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:50 AM
On The Tree

It was def a backfire, i thought it might just be a exhaust noise too, but whenever it was punched and you heard that noise it would stutter.