Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

picture of back of intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 12:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default picture of back of intake manifold

Does anyone have or can anyone take a good picture of the back of the intake manifold. I will be doing a LS6 intake in the very near future and it will be my first time having the intake off. I want to see what kind of connections I am working with in the back so I know what to feel for when unplugging everything. Thanks. I tried searching but couldn't really find any good pictures like I am looking for.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok I found a picture of one. So this is what there is. The only other thing back there is the oil pressure sender and that is actually screwed into the back of the block correct? Is this pretty much right?
Attached Thumbnails picture of back of intake manifold-ls6rear.jpg  
Old 01-27-2008, 01:01 PM
LS1 Tech Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take a look at this http://ls1howto.com/index.php?article=5. Then look over the entire ls1howto.com web site. It's been a foundational teaching tool for many, including me, in learning our way around modifying these engines.

Steve
Old 01-27-2008, 02:47 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It isn't to bad man, you can reac back there and feel everything ok. If your car is stick it's easier, mines an auto and I didn't pull the dipstick tube so its hard not to break the oil pressure sending unit. I still didn't break it though, just lift it striaght up and then out.