Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3l from 2005-6 to a 71 chevelle

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 10:35 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 5.3l from 2005-6 to a 71 chevelle

I am looking for some help. I have a 5.3l for a 2005 and would like to install it on my 71 chevelle for better gas mileage. I would like to know what major mods will need to be done. crossmember, headers........ I would also like to put the intake from a ls1 motor just cosmetic as I prefer the way that looks, but dont know if it will be a dirrect bolt on or will it require more mods to make that change. I got the motor for $500 with 40k miles on it. I am looking to put a 4l60e. Please let me know as I would like to start taring my car appart and I am new to EFI.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think the best thing would be to get a complete F-body or Vette setup if your going use a LS1 or LS6 intake, else the Throttle body comes into contact with water inlet. There are ways around it.. but using the F or Vette acc. would just be the easy thing to do. The Intake will bolt on without any problem, just many need to use the correct cross over tube or plugs.

If your not going to use the 5.3 A/C, you will not have to notch the frame. Relocation of the A/C compressor many be another opion if you do and A/C.

With a 4L60e, depending on how you mount the engine, the trans tunnel should be ok with the 4L60e.

Suggest you search on the A-body guys... the link to my project is in my sig.. but there are many ongoing projects as well as completed one for you to research. If you have specific question, please ask away.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where did you get your 5.3 from