Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tps code

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 03:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation tps code

well this started when i did my fast intake maniflold swap about 5 months ago, i had the car tuned, and he told me the check engine light was on cause it was throwing a tps code, well i bought a new tps, and the engine light still didnt go off, i bought the pig tail and replaced it, and still the problem dosnt go away, by the way i have a nw 90 mm tb on the intake, i realy dont know what to try anymore, any ideas guys, i tried the search and everyone says do the tps relearn but thats all crap, all that does is throw codes, i hear to realy reset it u need a multimeter, but i couldnt find how to do it in my search, plz can anyone help me trouble shoot
Old 02-05-2008, 05:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

anyone?
Old 02-06-2008, 08:07 AM
12 Second Club

Read this

Then go out to car, monitor the voltage with the multimeter and adjust with set screw until you get it to around .6V with KOEO (key on engine off)

Then reset TPS with the reset procedure.
KeyOnEngineOff
Pull TPS
KeyONEngineOff for 30 seconds
Key Off
Plug TPS back in
KeyOn
TPS should now use the new .6Voltage as 0%

I think that's what I would do, pretty sure

Last edited by DirtyJohn; 02-06-2008 at 08:29 AM.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I had the same code when I put on my intake and TB at first but this is what took care of it for me. Cleen everyting first like your maf and tb if it looks dirty.
Unhook your battey and take out your PCM fuse then after a 5 min or so hook it back up put the parking brake on and start the car put it in drive for 5 min then in park for 5 min its called the throttle relearn process.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Exclamation

what if its a 6 speed

Originally Posted by BLACK2001SS
I had the same code when I put on my intake and TB at first but this is what took care of it for me. Cleen everyting first like your maf and tb if it looks dirty.
Unhook your battey and take out your PCM fuse then after a 5 min or so hook it back up put the parking brake on and start the car put it in drive for 5 min then in park for 5 min its called the throttle relearn process.