Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT1 Nitrous Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 02:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LT1 Nitrous Question

Ok, so I've got my car running good, and tuned.
Thing is, I'm being told a couple different things about where I can put the nozzle on my LT1.

I'm running a dry 100 shot, and a couple people have told me that I have to put the nozzle after the MAF, and let the O2 sensors read the change and compensate for the nitrous that way.
A couple others have told me that it is just like running a dry shot on an LS1 and I should plumb it in before the MAF, and let the MAF compensate for the nitrous.

So which way is it?

Thanks In advance!
Old 07-11-2003, 04:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Default Re: LT1 Nitrous Question

Think about it... "Let's run really really lean for a fraction of a second, and hope the computer learns, even though it ignores the O2's at WOT and just relies on the PE table for fueling"...

Or, spray cool juice across MAF wires, the MAF wires cool (detecting more airflow), the PCM injects more fuel, and you're OK...

Hmm, I know which I'd do.

Before the MAF. 100's a pretty big dry shot tho (JMO, of course).

-Andrew
Old 07-11-2003, 04:53 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks Andrew.
That's what I kept thinking too, but I figured better safe than sorry when working with nitrous.

-Chris
Old 07-12-2003, 02:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

from everything I've heard you want to go wet on lt1 cars. The PCM/MAF just doesn't respond quick enough to shots of that size.

If I were to try out a dry shot though, I'd put it in before the MAF and point the nozzle away from the sensor.
Old 07-14-2003, 10:01 PM
Teching In

Check out our New Single Nozzle Dry Set up. This system comes with a single Large style Nitrous solenoid.Fast Lane was building this systems under contract for a State Highway Patrol Agency's LS1 equipped Interceptor's. The contract has run out and we are now selling them to the public. The name of the system is the LS1 Interceptor Dry System.

http://fastlanenitrous.com/efi.html