LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LS1 lid with sunoco hood.... WILL IT WORK?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 12:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS1 lid with sunoco hood.... WILL IT WORK?

yes, yes, I know you're all sick of LS1 lid discusion. I dont wish for this to be a great debate yet again over the LS1 lid being good or bad or whater... This thread is ONLY to find out if anyone knows the answer to one question:

Using a stock LS1 type radiator shroud with an aftermarket lid and necessary adapters on a LT1 camaro,... will the VFN sunoco hood shut without any cutting/hacking???

I've contacted VFN about it and they are unsure and looking into it. I've contacted other members with the sunoco hood with no luck as well. So, I'm posting this question out here for all you LT1 guys that may have the sunoco hood... wil it work?

Last edited by hyperzone; 02-10-2008 at 12:56 AM.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:54 AM
TECH Addict

revelation might have to chime in but i beleive the hood he has is the only one that works so far without cutting, the sunoco does not rise soon enough to clear it is my understanding.

revelation has answered this two or three times from what ive seen in searches.

I really like the sunoco and was hoping it would work, but i think you will still have to do some cutting.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:15 AM
12 Second Club

the warbird hood would work without any issues, just never wanted to do it. It sits the exact way the new 98+ WS6 hoods fit.

Quick Reply: LS1 lid with sunoco hood.... WILL IT WORK?