Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J30 Diff on an LS1

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 10:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default J30 Diff on an LS1

Has anyone had experience with the J30 diff with an LS1 or similar power? I have the J30 on my ls1 240 right now and was wondering how much power that it might hold before crappin out. Thanks.

Also, havin some small idling problems, the ls1 is cammed (224/224 .566"/.566") so I know that is a factor, but was wondering if anybody else had experienced the motor droppin through the rpms and dyin after moving the car a bit in first gear, and then puttin the clutch in; like while moving in car to car traffic. Its really the only idling problem so far, worked on it quite a bit, but cant seem to make it like to idle all the time. Thanks
Old 02-10-2008, 12:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

the J30 diff is also a R200 unit, its the same thing that comes in the 240 (the ring and pinion). it will hold the power fine, altho i would recommend a real differential like a Kaaz or ATS.

as for your idle problem, your tune needs adjusting. i would get a weird dip or stall sometimes till we worked the tune out.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Kamin
the J30 diff is also a R200 unit, its the same thing that comes in the 240 (the ring and pinion). it will hold the power fine, altho i would recommend a real differential like a Kaaz or ATS.

as for your idle problem, your tune needs adjusting. i would get a weird dip or stall sometimes till we worked the tune out.
You got that dip too? What was main issue with the tuning? Timing? Air intake at idle? Thanks.

Quick Reply: J30 Diff on an LS1