Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Good eng. combo for torbo my engine build ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 07:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good eng. combo for torbo my engine build ?

Hey guys ive been loking for pistons for my 5.7L out of my iron 5.3 i recently blew it up and so i wanted to forged my 5.3 but im changing my mind im going for a 6.0 now with just forged pistons and rods with stock bore 4.000 with stock 3.622 crank so any body know a good combination for my build i have a 6.0 with 317 heads that i bought with lots of miles on it so im going to forged it. And im planning on running the most 15psi on my daily driver so what would be a good compression for this build and with what piston how many -cc on them and what size of head gaskets ? ,so if anybody knows a good one let me know before i start buy'n the wrong parts ,thanks for reading & helping me out.....
Old 02-11-2008, 08:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

anybody?
Old 02-11-2008, 11:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Question has been asked several thousand times. Do a search and you will be reading for hours,
Old 02-12-2008, 09:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mike06tork
Hey guys ive been loking for pistons for my 5.7L out of my iron 5.3 i recently blew it up and so i wanted to forged my 5.3 but im changing my mind im going for a 6.0 now with just forged pistons and rods with stock bore 4.000 with stock 3.622 crank so any body know a good combination for my build i have a 6.0 with 317 heads that i bought with lots of miles on it so im going to forged it. And im planning on running the most 15psi on my daily driver so what would be a good compression for this build and with what piston how many -cc on them and what size of head gaskets ? ,so if anybody knows a good one let me know before i start buy'n the wrong parts ,thanks for reading & helping me out.....
If you want to send in the parts you have we can make sure everything is ok on the block and machine it to better than new specifications.

I would reccomend 9:1 as a good place to be. We can set you up with a set of Eagle/ K1/ Compstar rods and a set of Wiseco -11cc dished pistons. Assuming your 317 heads are unmilled and just need cleaned up that would put you at 9.2:1.

I would reccomend at least going with a 4.005 piston as the price would be the same. If you are using a high milage block, depending on the bore, it may not clean up to be able to use a 4.000 piston. We can get you in the 4.005 with a hone to size using a torque plate.

Feel free to PM ME or call at 440-327-7702 and I can answer any other questions you may have.