Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

what parts needed?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 09:42 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what parts needed?

i have a 97 camaro ss lt1...

i want to put 410s in the rear and i was thinking
richmond or superior.
i need to know what kit is better and what other parts do i need to complete the install?
thanks
Old 02-19-2008, 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

If you are doing it yourself I suggest the motive master install kit provided it comes with the correct pinion seal. Get a fresh set of axle seals and two quarts conventional 80w-90 GL4 or better lube with posi additive. If you are having it done just ask the installer what parts you need to bring. Most installers have all the shims, seals, crush collar and bearings. I reccomend AAM gears but if you cant get a hold of them from places like New Era, just get Motive Yellow Box gears and dont forget you have to program your PCM for the spedometer calibration. If you currently have the stock PCM settings I suggest you swap your 195 T-stat for a 160 when you do the gears and just have the PCM reprogramed at the same time, they will take out tourque management, adjusted the air/fuel/timing/fans/speedo all at the same time.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:02 PM
Teching In

mint! thanks alot for the info the motive set sounds good. have you bought the kitr would anyone know the part number of it?
Old 02-20-2008, 08:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are actually multiple brands of the master install kit, including Ratech. It includes axle bearings and such. There is also a basic install kit which does not include the axle bearings and costs a bit less, but still contains the basics you would need to do the gear install. Depends on how thorough you want to be and how many miles on the car. Either kit contains the shims, crush sleeve, etc.
Try the company you buy the gears from, or big companies such as Summit. Best of luck.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:28 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have everything in stock so I can get your order out the same day you order it !

Mike