General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

What you've all been waiting for....

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 11:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What you've all been waiting for....

A family oriented minivan thread!!! Ok, we've had a 00 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport, 02 Town and Country Limited, 04 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport, and a 04 Honda Odyssey over the years. Our most recent family car was a 2005 Mazda 6S wagon, which I did enjoy, but realized the family car never truly gets "driven enthusiastically" as we enthusiasts would normally insist our family car must be able to be. Can I tell you I've never been thrilled with a minivan (big surprise). We despised our 04 Odyssey and traded it after a few months on the 04 Grand Caravan. The front passenger seat was like sitting on a flat dining room chair and it felt like it had no sound dampening in the floors on rough or even bumpy roads. I gotta say, Honda hit a home run with the 2005 Odyssey. I test drove a used 05, which is a great way to decide if a new one is worth the difference and to see how they actually drive with some miles on them. The difference for me as a dealership employee was $4000 to get a new 08 Odyssey EX. It is actually "fun" to drive and we feel spoiled and blessed to be able to own one. Honda reliability has normally been way above par compared to others (I am a service advisor at a Chrysler dealer). I wish she would let me put some cool wheels on it. So I enthusiastically endorse and recommend the new body Honda Odyssey, for what that's worth. We've had over 70 cars between the two of us.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

70 cars, what a blurr. Your enthusiastic endorsement will last how long?
Old 02-20-2008, 12:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I DD a 1996 Voyager. Excellent machine. VERY dependable.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:06 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

This isn't LSX-related. Please see forum rules.