Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crane gold roller rockers. Problem???

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 08:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Crane gold roller rockers. Problem???

I have a set of the crane gold roller adjustable rockers and on two of the rockers, the metal insert for the pushrods sticks out farther then the rest. I dont think its enough to hurt anything but I tried to get it to go in farther and it wont. It looks like the insert is bottomed out. Like they didn't machine the hole for the insert deep enough. Since they are adjustable I went ahead and installed them but I just wanted to see if anybody else has seen this. How can I get just two rockers?
Old 02-20-2008, 11:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Do you have a photo you can post, I am not quite sure what you are referring to? Are they brand new? If so, contact the vendor and if they are defective you may be able to get them replaced. If you bought them used, I think you can get the rockers individually.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:44 AM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by raven154
I have a set of the crane gold roller adjustable rockers and on two of the rockers, the metal insert for the pushrods sticks out farther then the rest. I dont think its enough to hurt anything but I tried to get it to go in farther and it wont. It looks like the insert is bottomed out. Like they didn't machine the hole for the insert deep enough. Since they are adjustable I went ahead and installed them but I just wanted to see if anybody else has seen this. How can I get just two rockers?
On older sbc rockers I have. It really won't hurt much, but if you are in doubt, call the tech dept and send them back for inspection, I'm sure they will fix it or just replace it. Do you need a part # for a single? if so, what ratio?

Joe
Old 02-20-2008, 01:08 PM
TECH Addict

I purchased them used and got an awesome deal. They are in the car right now and it runs fine and doesn't seem to be noisy or anything. I dont have a picture but at the end of the rocker were the pushrod actually contacts the rocker, there is a small metal insert so the pushrod isn't just pushing on aluminum. That insert is sticking out maybe about 1 to 2/32. Like I said I dont think it will hurt anything since they are adjustable but when I put my cam in I want everything to be the same. Dont want any unknown variables.

The rockers are the 1.7 accelerated lift. If you could post a part number that would be great! Thanks
Old 02-20-2008, 01:28 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by raven154
I purchased them used and got an awesome deal. They are in the car right now and it runs fine and doesn't seem to be noisy or anything. I dont have a picture but at the end of the rocker were the pushrod actually contacts the rocker, there is a small metal insert so the pushrod isn't just pushing on aluminum. That insert is sticking out maybe about 1 to 2/32. Like I said I dont think it will hurt anything since they are adjustable but when I put my cam in I want everything to be the same. Dont want any unknown variables.

The rockers are the 1.7 accelerated lift. If you could post a part number that would be great! Thanks
Crane #144750-1