Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Another clutch question

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 05:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Another clutch question

I will be ordering a clutch for my 01 Z06 on monday, so it gives me about 1.5 days to decide what I am going with. I need info from your experiences. I want to make sure I go with the "right one" b/c its a pain to do a clutch in the vettes so I dont want to have to replace it anytime soon.

Just so you know how the car will be driven b/c that matters alot on the decision. The car will be driven on the street everyday and I will take it to the track every once in a while. I usually only go when I do more mods to the car. The car is a full bolt on with a cam only. It will be on MT Drag Radials at the track though.

I was thinking about the new Centerforce DFX. I had one in my 03 cobra and loved it. The clutch was very soft and grabbed awesome when I wanted it to. Although I only had about 1k miles on it before I sold the car. I am looking for something strong but easy on the leg b/c its my DD.

THANKS
Old 02-23-2008, 05:41 PM
11 Second Club

I have a Tex 0Z700 z grip. Stock pedal feel and great grip. I pulled it out ths winter and wasn't real happy with the way it had taken the abuse I have given it. Sent some pics to Textralia and they are sending me a new disk. Can't complain about that.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:59 PM
Launching!

I will look into those... THANKS
Old 02-23-2008, 11:59 PM
12 Second Club

Ls7.........
Old 02-25-2008, 07:38 PM
TECH Regular

I say go with LuK ProGold and a lightweight, QUALITY flywheel. I have one, and I know a small army of us with them, and we all love them. If you are going daily driver, that is the way to go. They are bullet proof, and most of us have put thousands of miles on them with no problems. If you were building a straight drag or race car, I would say go with something else, but for daily driving you want a bullet proof one that you can play with a bit. Some of them out there are meant just for racing and you will start to get pissed in daily driving. Also, a lot of us have found that some of these "big name" clutches are cheap pain in the *** clutches that are over charging you for thier name. LuK makes clutches for just about everyone, but go with thier Pro Gold, and I think you should be golden.