Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers on an auto ls1

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 08:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headers on an auto ls1

I told mt buddy that i would put headers on his 2000 camaro ss. i took a look at his engine bay it was very messy, and looks like it would be hard to get to the exhust manifold/headers. would it be easyer to go from the bottom or top. and whats the diffrence between the long and short tubes in performance?
Old 02-24-2008, 08:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 04BlackSSS2
I told mt buddy that i would put headers on his 2000 camaro ss. i took a look at his engine bay it was very messy, and looks like it would be hard to get to the exhust manifold/headers. would it be easyer to go from the bottom or top. and whats the diffrence between the long and short tubes in performance?
In my opinion LongTubes are the ONLY way to go. Yes you will be going from the bottom to take them in and out. Just get the car as high as you can on jackstands, and plan on wrestling around some up top. Once you get the coil packs /egr out of the way on the passenger side, it opens up a whole new world of space. I can do a full header swap in a few hours with handtools at this point. It looks worse than it is. I would go with Pacesetter LongTubes. They fit very well the 3 times I have installed them. (no grinding, no steering joint fuss, no motor mount fuss, they slid right in.)